Week of October 7th MyBlueprint task - Create a portfolio titled "Academic & Personal Goals 2019-2020"
Wow!!! We are done the first month of school. Here are some reminders:
- “Letter to self” Assignment: Students are currently writing a letter to their future self. Which they will receive back at their Gr. 12 graduation. We will be working on these in class next week and will be done a google doc.
- “Letter to child”: Parents, I am asking each of you to write your son or daughter a letter which they will also receive on their graduation day. Ideas to include favorite quotes, advice to give your future child, reminisce about how you felt on your graduation day, inside jokes etc.
- Are you checking POWERSCHOOL?? You have access to your child’s marks and attendance through POWERSCHOOL. If you have any questions or concerns about your child marks or attendance feel free to contact us and the child’s teacher.
- Campbell Gear for purchase in Main office. See image
- SIGN UP FOR 3 WAY CONFERENCES: I will be sending an email in the coming weeks through a website called SIGN UP GENIUS. This website will give you the opportunity to sign up for a time to meet on Oct. 24 for 3 way conferences. I will let you know when the email has been sent in case you need to check your JUNK folder in your email.
- SCHOOL FEES: Students school fees have been added to their school cash online account. It is highly encouraged to pay them online. If you can not pay them online the office will accept cash or cheque. Attached are instructions how to create an account to see the school fees. A link to SCHOOL CASH ONLINE.
Treats FRIDAY (We have 24 students in our class)
Fri. Oct. 11 – Aaron
Thurs. Oct. 17 – Preston
Fri. Oct. 25 - Grace
Fri. Nov. 1 – Landen
We ask that students bring a treat for the students to share but make sure there are no nuts, sesame seeds or hemp seeds. Students may drop off in my room before period 1, if a fridge is needed just arrange with myself.
Important Upcoming Dates
Fri. Oct. 4 – NO SCHOOL PD DAY
Mon. Oct. 14 – NO SCHOOL THANKSGIVING
Oct. 17-18 – CHAMBER CHOIR RETREAT
Fri Oct. 18 – NO SCHOOL TEACHER CONVENTION
Tues. Oct. 22 – Picture Retakes; 7:00 pm Fall music concert
Wed. Oct. 23 – 7:00pm Fall music concert
Thurs. Oct. 24 - 3 way conferences
Weekly check-in - www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y87WLVX